Saturday, February 18, 2012

Auntie Anne's, anyone?

For those of you that may not have known, my first job at 14 was as a pretzel-maker at Auntie Anne's. My dad used to love picking me up if I had a closing shift especially because I could take any and all of the leftover pretzels home with me. One would think a pretzel or two would do the trick, but my dad insisted that none make their way into the trash can. There were nights when 20 pretzels would get bagged up and handed over to my dad. He was in heaven! In many ways, I married someone just like my dad (that's a great thing!). In this instance, I definitely married someone like my dad! Jay absolutely loves Auntie Anne's pretzels! So much that my mom will actually give him gift cards on special occasions and also save coupons that she may come across. 
I've seen the "make-at-home" pretzels packs at the grocery stores many times, but didn't take the plunge to make a purchase until Jay mentioned how great it would be to make them at home at the drop of a dime.
Anyway, today I flashed back to the late 90's and it was like riding a bike. I flipped that dough right into a couple dozen pretzels like no body's business.
 Seven minutes later, the next biggest pretzel fan in our family woke up from his nap just in time to sample both the salted pretzel as well as the cinnamon sugar.

No comments: