Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Carrot Cake



So I have never been a fan of carrot cake until the beginning of this year. My friend ordered some for dessert when we were out and insisted that I give it a try. I liked it alright but really fell for the cream cheese frosting. I tell you, I am a creature of habit and rarely give anything a try that doesn't consist of mostly chocolate. Since my friend's baby shower was coming up, I decided to bake a trial batch of carrot cake cupcakes and served them to our bible study group. They were a hit - with them and me! I wasn't going to try them, but with all the positive feedback, I couldn't resist. They were delicious and decided to make them again for dessert when Tanj and Matt invited us over for dinner tonight. I didn't want to make cupcakes since they are so small and make so many, so I made them in ramekins so they were a little larger but still personal. You feel extra special when you have your own little creation in front of you that you don't have to share (unless you have kids!). Anyway, I was so happy with the way they turned out and even better, Tanj and Matt were ecstatic as well!

No comments: