Thursday, January 13, 2011

9 Months

Nate is 9 months today. I feel terrible that I don't do nearly as many updates as I used to but it's for very good reason. We had a church service awhile ago that talked about "going on the ride but missing the adventure" and that's sometimes what I think happens when I'm too busy clicking away rather than being apart of the fun and making memories with my family. Anyway, I apologize but I will give you a quick little update on his progress.
Weight: 17.56lbs - 8.62%tile
Length: 28" - 42.37%tile
Head: 17.4" - 26.17%tile
His pediatrician was really happy to see that he moved from the 5th to the 8th percentile for weight. Sometimes I think percentiles are a bunch of bologna but I won't get into that right now. His eczema has been doing so much better than it once was. I always wonder if the sun block we put on him at 3 months triggered this because his first episode sprung up after our weekend at the Az Grand water park. It's not always recommended to put sun block on an infant that young, but being that we were outside all weekend, we didn't want him to get burned... So we made the choice and are possibly suffering the consequences. I guess we'll see once we apply it again when we start swimming in a few months. On another note, Nate's tear duct still hasn't opened. Statistics show that 90% of these cases resolve on their own by nine months. His hasn't so there is now a 5%-10% chance that it will open by twelve months. Otherwise, he will have the procedure performed. *Prayers are welcome and encouraged* Nate has also been crawling like crazy. He loves to roam from room to room following Noah all over the house. He's been pulling himself up and rarely likes to be seated. He is also cruising a bit but prefers to hold on to mine and Jay's fingers rather than furniture.
Nate still has six teeth and is loving using them to eat everything we'll allow him.
Nate has also just begun saying "dada". Those two syllables are music to Jay's ears. He also says "ya ya" and couple other sweet sounds that are hard to put into letters/words. I love hearing the sweet sound of his voice and am eager to have him share more. Nate is also waving all the time. Once he discovered he could do this, he didn't stop. He sits in his high chair waving at all of us throughout meal time.
We have really been enjoying our sleep again for the last two months. Nate goes to bed between 7:00 and 8:00 and sleeps through the night till 7:00am. It is wonderful to sleep again without interruption!

No comments: