Thursday, June 4, 2009

Doctor's Appointment

Today we received some discouraging news. I told the ultrasound tech that I had started spotting yesterday and that I was extremely concerned because I knew what it most likely meant. She listened to my concerns hoping for the best. I am supposed to be 7 weeks and 4 days today, but the baby only measured 6 weeks. She looked for a heartbeat and couldn't find one. We put on our brave faces knowing that we probably wouldn't bring this baby home like we did with Noah.
We then met with the doctor. She had my blood drawn to measure my hcg levels to see if they are still multiplying. If they aren't, that will confirm that I am miscarrying. We, unfortunately, won't get any results until next week.
We apologize to anyone who is discovering this news through the blog. It's just difficult to talk about over and over and over when there really is no explanation to why or how. Thank you for all your prayers. Jay and I are finding comfort in the Lord that His Will be done.

No comments: