Thursday, November 12, 2009

What a Beautiful Day!

This morning Jay and I found out that we are expecting a baby boy! He was moving around so much which I wasn't surprised to see since I've felt those little limbs jumping around inside me for the last two and a half weeks. It was great to see all the life in him! As the ultrasound tech stilled the shots to get measurements, Jay gets excited and yells, "Uh oh - I've seen those before!" (referring to his genitals). The ultrasound tech confirmed that he knew what he was looking at. His heart rate was 148bpm and is measuring a few days ahead of schedule which is completely different than my experience with Noah. Noah always measured small and they did ultrasounds to keep track of his growth throughout the second half of my pregnancy only to deliver a completely average size 6lb15oz bundle. Anyway, he currently weighs 10 oz and is approximately 8 inches long. We couldn't be more thrilled to give Noah the gift of a forever friend and brother (not to mention playmate). Jay is running around with a grin from ear to ear and I can barely keep the tears out of my eyes just thinking about this perfect little life inside me.
And this is a picture of my growing belly: today at 18weeks, 3 days