Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Baby

March 29th: We woke up to this irritated eye this morning. Since Nate's right tear duct is still closed, we never know if he is experiencing just a "normal episode" or something more. Whenever it becomes bothered, people always guess or assume that he has pink eye. Luckily, I am able to ease their fears quickly with the reassurance that it is only a clogged tear duct. Jay and I were both on the fence though this time. A few friends and family volunteered their opinions, all reaching the same conclusion: not pink eye. Phew! What a relief!


March 30th: I heard Nate's voice over the monitor this morning saying, "My eye closed, uh oh!" I was horrified to find my baby's eye like this. You can see why I called his pediatrician for the first available appointment.



I am a little embarrassed that I don't even remember Nate's official diagnosis. I remember Dr Nason telling me it was serious and that Nate needed an antibiotic shot immediately to get this thing under control. She was nervous that it would turn into a skin infection around his eye as well. I left a little scared because we had an appointment to come back for a check-up the next day to make sure there was improvement. If there wasn't, he would need to be hooked up to an antibiotic drip at the ER.
After the shot, we had to wait 20 minutes to make sure there was no reaction to the antibiotic. We hung out outside on the curb and ate a cookie, which made Nate forget all about that horrible shot.
The next morning, Nate's eye had improved immensely. We were so happy! Instead of giving him another shot, she just started him on a 10 day antibiotic cycle. It was that day that his eye was almost entirely back to normal. Thank you so much for all of your prayers! We know that they were a huge part in Nate's speedy recovery.

No comments: