Sunday, April 3, 2011

Nate's First Steps

Nate has finally taken his first steps. We've been waiting and waiting for him to take the plunge. He's held on tightly to the tip of our pinky finger for weeks, or actually a couple months now gracefully kneeling to the ground as soon as we slither our finger from his grip. He doesn't have the confidence or desire to walk but we tricked him this time. I don't know how we did it, but I let go, he took three steps and then he realized that he no longer had my hand. He looked up at me and then reached for security at floor level. He hasn't really trusted me since. Anyway, I know this isn't a picture of him walking. Like I said, after he took his steps, he wouldn't do it again - at least for the camera so I thought I'd at least document this day with a picture from the day and place it occurred - the play area at Chandler Fashion Center.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Yay Nate!! Now that he knows he can do it, he'll be cruising in no time :)