Friday, December 17, 2010

Noah's Preschool

Noah has been asking to go to preschool for almost a year. When Nate was born I was tempted to put him in for a couple mornings a week, but after talking to my neighbor, I decided against it. She helped me realize that time flies and these years that he will be at home with me will be gone before long. Anyway, he's been so eager so I decided to sign him up for some mommy/kid classes through the city. They're not really anything like preschool but they do the trick. I'm just interested in him having the opportunity to follow directions from a teacher, cooperate with other kids, have time for just the two of us (my mom stays with Nate), and just have fun with other kids. He has this opportunity at church every week. In fact, he calls it church-preschool. It seems he really craves this type of structured classroom environment.
We've been taking a class called Toddler Time. They do obstacle courses, pretend they're trains/birds and fly around the gym, story time, dance to music, and use the parachute. That's always a hit! His teacher's name is Miss Kathi. He refers to her as Aunt Kathy. I'm always like can't you tell the difference? It's super funny though because she's always like "huh?" when he calls her that and I have to remind her that he has an Aunt Kathy.
Anyway, we also built a gingerbread house during a different class. He loved applying EVERY piece of candy that was offered to him.
Here are a few pics from the gingerbread class:

Teacher reading Gingerbread Baby before starting the house decorating project. In the middle of her reading, he started crying and ran to me. He didn't have an explanation of why except that he just wanted me to hold him. :(
All better as the decorating began...
Noah and his friend, Charlotte.
Next month, we start an art class called Messy Hands. Pictures to come!

No comments: