Saturday, July 17, 2010

OH NOah!!


So we're at the car dealership today. There is a big pirate ship for kids to play on (smart!). Noah is having the time of his life running around squealing with all the other kids. Jay is talking to the sales person and I am nursing Nate. Jay and I are taking turns checking on Noah. We're both next to it but can't actually see the kids through the jungle of leaves. Anyway, I gesture to Jay (since I can't get up) to check on Noah. Jay comes back to report to me that he's fine. I see what looks to me like Noah's shorts dangling from Jay's pocket. "Are those Noah's shorts?" "Yes. They were sitting on the stairs of the pirate ship." "Does that mean our son is not wearing pants?" "Yes."

He wouldn't keep them on. After a few attempts, we gave up despite looking like... whatever one would look like if their son didn't have pants on.
Anyway, we swore we would never do it. We swore we would never be the proud owners of a minivan but guess what...we are. Yes, proud. We thought we could get away with a small suv but when we take road trips, there is no room for comfort and there is also no room for anyone else. The last time my dad and Pam were out visiting we had to take two separate cars everywhere. Not fun.
Out with the old:

In with the new:

AND we went with white. We ALWAYS choose black but told the salesman to just bring a white one to the front. We didn't want to walk the lot and see a black one and fall in love. Anyway, we absolutely love it. I am an official minivan driver.

No comments: