Wednesday, August 19, 2009

We have a heartbeat!!

We had our first ultrasound pretty early this time around. I told the doctor that I knew once a heartbeat was detected the chances of miscarriage decreased significantly, so I was eager to hear our new baby's as soon as possible. She obliged - we were ecstatic to hear one especially since a lot of babies hearts won't start to beat for a few more days. Our baby is measuring at 5w5d which completely lines up with my chart. They gave me a due date based on my LMP which would make me 6w2d and would only change the due date if the measurements and LMP date are more than seven days apart. Since the dates are only 4 days apart, they are keeping my due date at April 12th even though it is really April 16th. Sorry, if you don't understand this, but I love it. Anyway, April 16th just happens to be my grandma's birthday. She just went to Heaven on April 2nd of this year, so it would be really exciting if this baby happen to be born on her birthday. We'll see...
And don't forget to keep us in your prayers (please!)