Saturday, October 4, 2008

Birthiversary

We just got back on Thursday night from our vacation - aka: birthiversary (birthday/anniversary). My birthday was on October 2nd and our 5 year anniversary is coming up on the 11th. It was a surprise present from Jay. Normally, I hate surprises. I am quite the planner and don't like anything unexpected. Jay knows this, but for some crazy reason, he set this up anyway. I know it sounds weird, but I was a little hesitant about going at first, but I am so glad we did. This was a much-needed and well-deserved vacation for us. We went to Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point), Mexico and stayed at this incredible resort called Las Palomas. We spent most of our days floating around on the lazy river soaking in the most perfect sun rays we've seen in a long time. The majority of our vacations consist of going back to Ohio to visit family or going to Disney which as many of you know, is anything but relaxing. Anyway, this trip reminded us about how blessed we are to live in the United States. All the areas outside of the resorts look like Guadalupe. For those of you outside of Arizona, trust us, it's bad. To me, it looks unlivable. All in all, we had a super birthiversary and look forward to going back!!



3 comments:

Kristen said...

BBBF!!! Blog best buddies forever!! It looks like Noah and you two had a blast! Im happy to see pictures!! Call me is you need any blog help

Claudia Luckey said...

you guys are the cutest. Noah couldn't be cuter..

Taylors said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! I am so glad that you did this!!! Good for you:) I can't believe how much noah has grown too! Too cute!